Saturday, May 12, 2007

Movin Along

The best news from this week came on Wednesday, when I was offered a teaching job!!! The offer came two days later than I'd expected, but I was simply happy that the outcome turned out the way it did. I am very excited to be rejoining my profession. Hopefully I'll be able to channel a bit of what I've learned abroad into my classroom - I've already got some ideas brewing.

The inspection process for our house is still rolling - we should clear that phase early next week. Two weeks to go until closing and I am starting to count the days. The novelties of hotel living have worn off, and I'm growing weary of the sterile decor, saggy mattress, and the marginal cookery in our kitchenette. I will miss the housekeeping aspect of our stay though - guess I'll have to get used to vacuuming again soon!

This weekend is car-hunting weekend - hopefully we'll make some progress on that front soon. Nate's been using public transport for work, so we haven't had too hard a time sharing our one rental car, but the time is fast approaching when we'll need separate modes of transportation.

That's all for now - I'm sure we'll have more news soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home