Monday, May 07, 2007

A Suggestion and an Update

If at all possible, I highly recommend avoiding purchasing a house, two cars, and searching for a job for the first time in three years all at once. It's a tad fraying on the nerves. Just a little tid-bit of wisdom for you to take with you.

A Few Updates:

  • We put an offer on a house last Tuesday and it was accepted! So we're going through the inspection process now. If all goes well, we should be able to move in by the end of May!!

  • I had my second interview at my former school on Friday, and I think it went well - I should hear some time today whether I have the job or not.

  • We test drove two cars during our second weekend back (end of April), and we'll probably do it again this coming weekend. We're looking into hybrids!

  • We've now been to two of our friends' kickball games as lazy spectators - nothing's better than watching your friends run around being athletic while lounging in the sun and playing with the grass.

I'll give more updates as they come! I expect I'll be able to post pictures again when I have my computer back, so maybe in June.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Congratulations!! A house! A home! Terrific! Go team Meg n' Nate!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we're dreading putting our lives back together at some point, too. Sounds like you're headed on your way, though! Good luck with the job, although I'm sure you don't need it :)

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys - great to see people are checking in! We miss y'all!!

No word on the job yet - my mom put me at ease though and said that just happens sometimes (she's a principal, so that helps to hear). Nevertheless, I won't be fully comfortable until I have a position - hopefully I'll hear something today!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Sounds like wise advice! Little by little, you rejoin the world of the "regular" - Enjoy Lazy Kickball as long as you can!

Cheers!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home