Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Four Weeks and Counting






















Nate and I are both having a bout of homesickness! The weather is getting colder and the days getting much, much shorter here. Things are going on back home that we miss being a part of - like the American football season and the Cardinals being in the World Series (Go Cards!). And since the date of our return is fast approaching, it's sometimes hard to drum up the motivation and get excited about the final months of hard work and gross weather.

With that said, we're doing what we can to get out of the funk. We've booked tickets to Copenhagen for a few weeks from now, so that will definitely be a fun treat. And luckily, Nate has a work conference in Orlando the week after Thanksgiving, so we're both managing to get back for Turkey day!!

The picture obviously isn't of Nate or I, or anyone I know of for that matter, but I thought these kids were cute. The joy on their faces mirrors my joy to be headed home for Thanksgiving. And man oh man, don't those pies look good?!

I try really hard to never take holidays for granted, but this one will be special indeed, since we had to miss Thanksgiving last year. It was hard being overseas that day, when we knew our families were getting together. We knew it was a special day, but felt like no one else around us knew it. I canNOT wait to stuff myself silly with all the yummy food I've missed, to veg out in front of the TV watching football, to joke around with my family, to see loved ones I haven't seen in MUCH too long!!! Seriously, it can't get here fast enough. Below is my tribute to what I'll be doing after the big meal. Once again, not my family, but the photo represents what most families will be doing:

So that's something to look forward to! It really does take missing the holidays to truly appreciate them - I hope to not have to relearn that lesson for a while though - if ever!

To our friends and family back in the states - you are loved and missed! If you are reading this, you haven't forgotten about us - so I really hope that some are reading this! Four weeks to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home