Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Back in Business (for now)

We're finally back in Dublin, although our insane summer hasn't slowed down. We're gearing up for a visit from Nate's brother in less than 48 hours - a trip that was planned only two weeks ago. Our friend Matt is visiting at the same time for the weekend - not sure if Dublin's ready for these two!
On a more serious note: With all of the turmoil in the world right now, it feels flippant to be writing about our trivial experiences over here. We ooh and aah about this or that monument or art museum, while so many people are suffering. We left Athens on the same day that Israel began its big retaliation, and now people are being evacuated to both Greece and Cyprus. I was just thinking about how lucky we were with the timing - then I remembered the friend we just visited, and I wonder how his family is doing back in Cyprus. What are they experiencing right now? It puts things in perspective.
I'll get back to chronicling more of our trips soon - I just needed to get my thoughts out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Megs!

I agree~ Sometimes we forget ourselves in that little bubble of comfort we call home that the rest of the world can be quite a frightening place. You are in such a great base to take it all in, though! Ireland is where Europe comes to get away ~ I'd love to hear what they have to say of it all. Keep smiling! -B-

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home